On Wednesday morning 77 years the prime minister of defense of the independent SR, Imrich Andrejcak died. A spokesman for the Ministry of Defense (MO) of the Slovak Republic of Danka Capáková. The information was confirmed by the daughter of the late Blanka Fetkovičová Andrejcakova.
The family and close members of the Ministry of Defense expressed their sincere condolences to Minister of Defense Peter Gajdoš and head of the general staff of the forces of the Slovak Republic Daniel Zmeko. In this context, the MO has raised the black flag. Condolence books will be available on the premises of the ministry, OS headquarters and subordinate units.
Who was Imrich Andrejcak?
- Born on 12 July 1941 in the village of Haniska near Košice. In the years 1955-1958 he studied at the Jan Žižka Military School in Bratislava and in 1958-1961 at the Military School in Vyškov, Moravia. He was a member of the Communist Party of Czechoslovakia (KSČ).
- Between November 2, 1990 and June 25, 1992, he was Deputy Minister for Defense of the Czech and Slovak Federal Republic (TSFR) and led the Ministry of Defense (FMO) of the Czech and Slovak Federal Republic for a strategic and conceptual solution of state-defense issues, development of MS. the army, the civil defense of the TSFR and the scientific and technical policy of the FMO. In July 1992 he put him in the reserve.
- From 2 July 1992 to 31 December of the same year, he worked as an independent candidate, nominated by the Movement for Democratic Slovakia (HZDS) as the Minister of Defense of the TSFR. From 1 January 1993 to 15 March 1993 he was a member of the Ministry of Defense of the Slovak Republic.
- In the function of Minister of Defense of the Slovak Republic (HZDS representative), he was a member of the National Council (NR) of the Slovak Republic (HZDS) from 16 March 1993 to 15 March 1994 and later to 1 October 1994, after resignation of Vladimír Mečiar. He was also a member of the national council of the SR (HZDS / RSS coalition) from October 1994 to October 1998. During this period, he was chairman of the committee of the Slovak national committee for defense and security. As a member in the second term of office of the national council (1998-2002) he was a member of the committee of the national committee for defense and security, member of the special control committee of the National Council for the control of military intelligence until 22 October 2002 .
- Genplk. in. in. Imrich Andrejcak won several prizes, including the Radoslav Ľudovít Štur II in 1998. class.