A nitric acid escapes from the station of the car in Štúrovo.
At the train station in Štúrová one of the cars escaped dangerous corrosive nitric acid. They closed the station for a while, the fire department was still in place.
The firefighters in special suits defined a safe zone and the area closed 200 meters.
"It was necessary to disconnect the electricity on the track after the car was moved to the side
the track has already been renewed, "says Michal Varga, spokesperson for the regional directorate of HaZZ in Nitra.
Passengers wait for the train platforms evacuated to the station building.
As Varga added, none of the acid escaped the injury and no more damage was done. "It was a technical mistake in the car, it was localized and work is in progress to prevent further leakage of the chemical," Varga added.