The parent-child bath in the therapy pool of the St. Joseph Foundation ended abruptly on Friday afternoon. One participant had a biting smell and sounded the alarm.
Police, fire brigade and ambulance moved in the large offer. Even a helicopter was on the premises. "The emergency services quickly evacuated the parents and children, and there was suspicion of escaping ozone gas," says Thomas Bopp, director of the St. Josef Foundation, at LOOK.
The participants were then examined in the multi-purpose hall of the foundation. An adult was taken to the hospital for control.
Second accident in a short time
Meanwhile, employees of the chemical resistance researched the buildings of the internal indoor swimming pool – but could not find anything. "The clarifications are still in progress and we want to know where this ozone door came from," continues Bopp. But it was very grateful that the rescue services had taken the alarm so seriously and that no one had been disadvantaged.
Mentally disabled adults and children are cared for and trained in the home of the St. Josef Foundation. On Friday afternoon, the foundation will offer her therapy bath for the parent-child course.
It is already the second gas incident in Bremgarten within a few weeks. At the end of July the local Badi had to be evacuated. Chlorine gas escaped – the lifeguard had to be taken to the hospital. He inhaled the poisonous gas. The Badi is located next to the St. Josef Foundation building. (HI)
Posted on 24.08.2018 | Updated 21 minutes ago