Only two years after the tangible scandal, the process is finally on Monday. In the court of Winterthur the trial against the fanatical members of the meanwhile closed An & # 39; Nur-mosque has started.
The costs are heavy. On Saturday, November 22, 2016, mosque visitors Ahmed A. * and Ali B. * start the horror of their lives. According to the giant indictment against the Attorney General Winterthur ZH (300 pages) strong, the two men were caught and tortured massively. The An & # 39; Nur members suspected the victims of informing journalists.
Martyrdom, of all places, began in the prayer room. Five members of the mosque threatened Ahmed A. in turn with death. As the court president has read in the indictment, the only youthful defendant used an extreme language. He said, "How do you want to die, do we have to destroy your skull or do we have to behead you? Your blood is too dirty for the mosque, we will take you somewhere else where you will die."
The court president even quotes a police officer at the end of a report. He said after the raid on September 22, 2016: "I have never seen people who are so intimidated in my career."
«I spat, that's right»
By Monday afternoon, six of the ten accused, all young Muslims, were interviewed. Everyone is in the same line: the two victims would have invented the attack to harm them. Although the Swiss L. * (20) admitted: "I said idiot and spat at him, that's true." But there were no injuries, the prosecution is a conspiracy of the judiciary and the media. «We are accused without any proof. I was always there. It is all exaggerated. "
Another charge against L., he had a brutal video on the phone, in which a person is mutilated. "I know nothing about it, it comes from a Whatsapp group." He says to the An & # 39; Nur-mosque: "I went there once in a while, once or twice a week. only for prayer. "
«No one touched»
Subsequently, the Swiss defendant Z. * (26) comments on his meeting with one of the victims: "I asked him: did you do that or not? And: did you get money for that? I did not hit him. He gave his own mobile phone. We went into the room, so not everyone was watching.
He also says that the Prosecution was invented. "I'm sure it's a conspiracy, nobody's touched." Face Slapping? "If I had done something like that, he would have been scared, he had nothing." The Prosecution demands repatriation – saying, "I can not leave Switzerland, it would be my death sentence, even Spain and Morocco, where the woman came from. is not possible, I can not speak Spanish. "
The only minor prosecutor also accuses the prosecution of lying. He admits that he had said in Arabic that he would hit his victim on his head. But pre-trial detention was not appropriate. He had recorded mutilations, executions and IS propaganda on his mobile phone. "They were stored unintentionally, I did not look at everyone."
Beat video with IS music on the phone
The young defendant is a replacement for a football team. A video shows him how he begins to play aggressively against the players of the other team – underlaid is the recording with marching music, which can also be heard in IS-video's. The defendant does not claim to know what IS makes of music. He did not do the video.
The accused Swiss R. * (23) intervened when the private plaintiff did not issue the pin code of the mobile phone. He now refuses to testify before the court or refers to previous interrogation. He does not want to say anything in court. He wears long hair and a long beard. He does not answer a question and says that the lawyer advised him to do so. Because of the detention, he had to give up the shared apartment with his pregnant wife. He has no criminal record.
Also the Madzedonier K. * (22) does not want to say anything to the attack at first. Then he expresses himself: at the beginning of the attacks he had been on toilet with abdominal cramps. Then he had gone to A. He heard that the private prosecutor was photographing in the mosque and betraying her for money.
The judge accuses him: "They put a ten-banknote in his mouth." The accused contradicts: "That is not true, not me." He only said, "How can you sell yourself?" The rest are a liar.
IS propaganda on laptop found by Swiss M. * (22)
The Swiss M. * (22), with Turkish roots, says that the charges are completely exaggerated. "I was praying, and only when the sheik came, I went to my brother, I saw him spit on the man, and I told him he was not allowed to do that." Otherwise, he did nothing, according to M. "R. photographed me, that made me ugly. "
But he denies that he should have boxed. M. knows two of the defendants from football. The rest only from the mosque, where he went once or twice a week. M. is unemployed. He broke off his first teaching. The 22-year-old has a criminal record – because of violent images, which could be found on his laptop and mobile phone. It was propaganda material of the Islamic State. "I was interested at the time then", he explains from the ownership.
The accused D. * (22) is buttoned up. He also visited the An & # 39; Nur mosque. The reason: he wanted to go to an Arab mosque – even if he himself does not understand Arabic. The sermon was translated. In the case of critical questions, he repeatedly refers to his statements during the interviews. D. knows the 22-year-old M. from football. He is married and his wife is pregnant. D. has a KV degree, but temporarily works in metal constructions. He has been converted to Islam.
Tight process timing
In the five-day high-security lawsuit, the accused must respond to confiscation of freedom, abduction, threats, assault, deprivation of property and insult. Strict rules apply: everyone who wants to enter the courthouse must pass the metal detector. Each person must identify and hold a chair. Only those involved in the procedure may enter the courtroom. Journalists and visitors take part in two other courtrooms via video transmission.
Today the judge questions the accused. On Tuesday and Wednesday there are pleadings from prosecutors, lawyers from private prosecutors and defense lawyers. Thursday is reserved for further festive lectures and concluding remarks. On Friday follows the procedure of the juvenile court against the then underage suspect. Judgment is on October 23.
Winterthur imam Atia E. * (54) also with the defendants
The suspects included Imam Atia E. * (54). Although the Libyan was the most respected person in the mosque, he did not intervene. On the contrary, he participated in the intimidation of the victims. And he even says, "There was no threat." The accuser accuses the then imam of the An & # 39; Nur-mosque of bringing the young believer, who would have photographed and filmed in the mosque, in his office and locked the door. Then he demanded a "confession" from him and the other alleged "traitor" and recorded it.
"I talked to them because they made a mistake," said the Libyan in the interview. There was no threat. The door was locked because he always does it in conversations. If someone wants a conversation about marital problems, he does so, so that "people feel good".
The imam is married to a Swiss citizen and has a C ward. He has a total of five children. They are 20, 19, 17, 16, 10 years old. Atia E. is originally a civil engineer. He came to Switzerland because he fought the Ghadaffi regime. He could not go back. In 2014 he was the last in his homeland. He runs the risk of being execrated. Ghaddaffi's groups were back in Libya.
Imam must be removed from the country
"Did the Imam press a confession?", Asks the judge. "No", says the imam. "He wanted to tell everything by himself, he felt that he had made a mistake." However, the accusation is that the injured person would have admitted everything just for fear of death. "That's nonsense, there are no terrorists in the mosque, here you come to pray, everybody knows that," says Imam Atia E. He does not know why photos were taken or why the believers were calling at the mosque.
The imam is ignorant. He even declared to the police when he was arrested that he deserved a reward. After all, he was in the mosque to solve problems there. The public prosecutor demands 30 months imprisonment for the imam – twelve of which are unconditional. Plus a reference period of ten years. Accusation: multiple deprivation of liberty and multiple coercion.
Tunisian O. * (49) is the then president of the mosque. The imam has called him. He said there is a problem. "I went there After half an hour I was in the mosque I did not know what was going on The door was open, I went in. The private prosecutor immediately said to me:" I want to tell them everything ", says O. in the courtroom, he does not tell us anything about violence against the potential spies.
Ex-Mosque President O. (49) admits that private prosecutors have been photographed
It also did not lead to aggressive behavior. He admits that the two private prosecutors have been photographed. But only as evidence for the police, he claims. He can not explain why he did not call the police immediately. He also does not want to accept that the two members are members of the fear of death. "I calmed them in. The police are coming, I told them," said the Tunisian. O. makes the one private prosecutor the accusation that he was drunk and brought two bottles of whiskey into the mosque.
The former president of the mosque has been ill since 2015. He has a brain tumor, is IV retired. O. has not been convicted before. He is the father of two children – of whom he has one with his ex-wife. If he has to leave Switzerland, that means the death penalty for him. Because only here in Switzerland does he have the medical care that keeps him alive.
For the defendants, the prosecutor demands 30 to 36 months in prison. For the four men without a Swiss passport, country references come. With one exception, all nine adult suspects live in Winterthur. The tenth man falls under the Youth Act.
* Name changed
Posted on 01.10.2018 | Updated 23 minutes ago