Sunday December 6, 2020 10:13 am (GMT + 7)
(Football verdict, Liverpool v Wolves, 2:15, 7/12, round 11 of the Premier League) Liverpool will have a chance to rise to the top of the group if they beat Wolves at home Anfield and Tottenham don’t win.
Video overview for round 11 of the Premier League:
For the first time since winning the Premier League title last season, Liverpool are welcoming 2,000 fans back to Anfield to welcome Wolves to the 11th round of the Premier League. Coach Klopp’s army currently equals 21 points to the top Tottenham team, but has to come second due to a poor sub-index.
Liverpool are unbeaten for 64 consecutive games at Anfield’s home field
While there have been no fans in the stands for nearly 9 months, Liverpool still maintains the unbeaten streak at home to 64 games, the second longest unbeaten streak in English football history. Therefore, the return of the fans will increase the strength of Coach Klopp’s army.
Wolves are tasked with ending Liverpool’s unbeaten streak at home. Coach Nuno Santo’s army had reason to be optimistic after winning 2-0 against Man City away from home last season, the team also being the defending champions.
If you repeat that feat at Anfield, the “Wolves” will become the third team in Premier League history to beat the defending champions in two consecutive seasons.
In addition, Wolves are confident after beating Arsenal 2-1 at Emirates in the previous round. That result helped coach Nuno Santo’s army temporarily 10th in the rankings and just 5 points behind the leading team. In a season where many big boys are struggling, winning at Anfield could help “Wolves” dream of a top 4 spot this season.
Liverpool are in a power crisis with a list of injuries with Alisson, Van Dijk, Joe Gomez, James Milner, Thiago, Shaqiri and Chamberlain. However, the remaining stars still help “The Kop” rank higher than Wolves.
Also in this round, the best Tottenham team will receive Arsenal in the match. Mourinho’s army is fully capable of losing points in this round. Therefore, Liverpool must seize the opportunity to overcome “a profitable fisherman”.
* Possible teams:
Liverpool: Kelleher; Williams, Fabinho, Matip, Robertson; Henderson, Wijnaldum; Error, Firmino, Mane; Iota
Wolves: Patricio; Semedo, Boly, Coady, Marcal; Dendoncker, Moutinho; Traore, Podence, Neto; Silva
Guess: Liverpool 2-1 Wolves
– Liverpool: Van Dijk, Joe Gomez, James Milner, Thiago, Alisson, Shaqiri, Chamberlain injury; Robertson and Jordan Henderson are open to play. Trent Alexander-Arnold and Naby Keita are back.
– Wolves: Raul Jimenez was sidelined in the previous round with a skull injury against Arsenal.
– Liverpool have been unbeaten for the last 43 home games in the Premier League.
– Liverpool have won 8 in the last 10 matches against Wolves in all competitions.
– Liverpool have scored at least 2 goals in the last 6 home games in the Premier League.
– Liverpool have won Wolves’ last 3 games in all competitions.
– More than 2.5 goals have been scored in Liverpool’s last 6 home matches in the Premier League.
The supercomputer Football Web Pages predicts the situation in the Premier League 2020/21 with big surprises.