Tembo & # 39; s SuperSport reach final The Chronicle

The Chronicle

SUPERSPORT The Zimbabwean trainer of United, Kaitano Tembo, was happy that his players held on to the plan in the victory over South African football giants Kaizer Chiefs on Saturday.

SuperSport & # 39; s defense of the MTN8 title continues after they have beaten Chiefs 1-0 in the second stage of their semi-final to come together to the final 3-2.

They will face Cape Town City in the final after City yesterday beat Mamelodi Sundowns in the other MTN8 semi-final over the penalty, despite losing 1-0 in the second stage at Lucas Moripe Stadium.

And Tembo claims that it was important that his charges were entitled to their spots to stifle Amakhosi's Zimbabwean dangerman Khama Billiat.

"In the first leg we were not able to cover our distances properly, we could not handle the space in the front and the space behind it, we squeezed the spaces well, and we made sure that he (Khama Billiat) did not have room to play, even Castro, "Tembo told SuperSport TV.

"We also knew we had to be patient, the pressure was on Chiefs, the longer it went on 0-0 the more they got frustrated," he said.

Tembo went to credit his troops for sticking to the game plan.

"You never know, if they had one (goal), then we could have been out of it, we had to try to get them to the transition." Thanks to the guys they held to the game plan, we played well. You saw Dean (Furman) limping but fighting, that's the attitude we need from the players, "he concluded.

In fact, the first trophy that Kaizer Chiefs had to offer slipped away on Saturday when they crashed out of the MTN8 after they were lost at SuperSport United in their draw.

Chiefs coach Giovanni Solinas wasted no time making changes after the fall of Wednesday against Bloemfontein Celtic, when Zimbabwean Teenage Hadebe and the new signing Godfrey Walusimbi came in for Daniel Cardoso and Siphosakhe Ntiya-Ntiya.

Matsatsantsa started the game at a high pace, looking for an early goal, but they could not get chances to harass goalkeeper Itumeleng Khune.

Clayton Daniels had bad luck not to have opened United's score in the 15th minute when his header hit the right wing, with Khune well-defeated.

Chiefs showed a good pairing game in their recent league clash, but the likes of Billiat and Castro were not on the same page in the first half.

A minute before the break, Zimbabwean hardman Willard Katsande nearly broke the impasse for Amakhosi with a shot from the edge of the sixteen meters, but he missed the target when the half-finished goalkeeper chose the Soweto-giants.

Chiefs had the upper hand in the opening 10 minutes of the second stanza, although clearly cut chances were hard to come by.

However, Bradley Grobler found the breakthrough for Matsatsantsa two minutes before the hour passed to Hadebe in the box to send home a low ride in the bottom corner.

SuperSport goalkeeper Ronwen Williams held his game in the 64th minute and made a double play to deny Ramahlwe Mphahlele and Katsande, who both had clear chances at short distance.

Siphelele Ntshangase made almost equal for the hosts 13 minutes before time with a shot from the edge of the sixteen, but his attempt sailed agonizingly wide.

Solinas threw in Ryan Moon and Benard Parker in the final phase of the half in an attempt to take an equalizer, but SuperSport hung through and claimed the win, winning the score 3-2. – kickoff

Source link

Leave a Reply